In order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for reading, learning and other Library activities, The Chughtai Public Library requires all visitors to comply with the following General Rules and Regulations:
The following are NOT allowed at Chughtai Public Library:
- Engaging in conduct that disrupts or interferes with normal operation of the Library, or that disturbs staff or other Library visitors. Such conduct includes:
- Having a knife, gun, or any other weapon.
- Making unreasonable noise, including loud talking on a cell phone or otherwise
- Harassing or threatening behavior.
- Eating or drinking except in designated areas.
- Using alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Sleeping in the Library or at the Library’s entrance.
- Selling any goods or services.
- Damaging, defacing, or misusing any Library materials or property. This includes disabling Library equipment, changing the hardware or software or settings on a Library computer, or using a Library computer for a purpose other than that designated by the Library.
- Engaging in any activity in violation of a Library policy.
- Smoking, chewing, and other tobacco use on Library property.
Please also be aware that:
· The Library is not responsible for personal items that are lost, stolen, or damaged on Library premises.
· Visitors are not permitted to bring any large bags or bags with wheels into the Library.
· Library security and staff can inspect any of your property when you come in or leave.
· Library staff and security officers can ask visitors to show their Library cards or other ID at any time.
· Large groups that want to visit the Library have to get permission before they visit.
· Photography and recording are not allowed on Library premises without prior permission.
· Certain reading rooms and other Library spaces have additional restrictions.
Visitors with disabilities may ask Library staff for reasonable accommodations.
Visitors who do not follow the Library’s General Rules and Regulations can be asked to leave and can lose their Library privileges. They can also be arrested or be subject to other legal action.